Plastering over fibreglass mesh matt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

this may come as strange and no doubt everyone will say this is not done in UK but...
I come from Czech republic and mostly when plastering or replastering, this is done over a fibreglass mesh matt. The plasterer would scrape any paint to the old plaster, roughen the surface, use some sort of PVA solution, then apply fibreglass mesh matt on the wall/ceiling into a bed of adhesive/mortar like Ceresit CT85 or Weber.therm. Once dried there comes a thin skim of final super fine plaster - the final result is free of cracks/hairlines and is very durable.
I have a Czech plasterer coming next week to do approx 150sqm of plastering in my house which has loads of various cracks etc and his obvious requirement is to provide fibreglass mesh matt (approx 145g/sqm thickness) and the adhesive plus the plaster.

Am struggling to find anything similar to what is used on the continent and was wondering if anyone got any views. It should be some sort of cement based flexible adhesive/mortar. I spoke to Henkel UK who do ceresit on the continent and their techie advised me that there is nothing similar they do in UK. I looked at Weber who recommended their outdoor Weber.rend LAC product but were not sure if this would work indoors.

Anyone any ideas what could be used for bedding the fibreglass mesh?

THANKS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back