plastering prices ?

If that will take him 4 long days he's not got 30 years experience (not in plastering anyway).

Sponsored Links
wo joe 90 whys that then ? i look forward to the reasons to your answer..+ hes knocking on abit hes no spring chickin..weve now agreed a price im happy with who cares if it takes him longer lol

wo joe 90 whys that then ? i look forward to the reasons to your answer..+ hes knocking on abit hes no spring chickin..weve now agreed a price im happy with who cares if it takes him longer lol
i thought 4 days was a bit exessive to tell the truth but i dident want to say anything because i havent seen the job
i dont know whats happening to the ceiling if its being skimmed, boarded or left? but generally you could allow a day for the boarding and a day for the skim= 2 days i see no reason why it should take 4 it could go into 3 days if its a bit complex

We want photos! Why is he using plasterboard anyway? Wet plaster/render is far superior.

Sponsored Links
i was thinking the same 2 mabey 3 days depending on the size and complexity of the room, plus im not that quick at dot and dab anyway, this must be some mental big kitchin diner with loads of reveals and stuff to cut around to warrent 4 long days haha.
put some pics up mate

er doh ..maybe its because its a large kitchen dining room joe 90..with 3 large windows/reveals to board and skim + french door reveals..hes also fitting new plasterboard to the whole kitchen area that needed replacing ..skimming the whole ceiling,...as well as the rest of the work stated previously ..im fine with it as i have got a proper time served plasterer on the job not a johnny come lately "oh i can board skim..im a plasterer" lol...and theres plenty of them out there :eek:

If he was any good he'd use wet plaster/render.

If you want an accurate appraisal then post some photos. You said earlier that most of the kitchen was boarded - now you are changing your tune. You've got a guy that tried to rip you off but is now able to do it for much less. Bet he cuts corners.

Show us photos.

er doh ..maybe its because its a large kitchen dining room joe 90..with 3 large windows/reveals to board and skim + french door reveals..hes also fitting new plasterboard to the whole kitchen area that needed replacing ..skimming the whole ceiling,...as well as the rest of the work stated previously ..im fine with it as i have got a proper time served plasterer on the job not a johnny come lately "oh i can board skim..im a plasterer" lol...and theres plenty of them out there :eek:

I don't know what the problem is here with the days it will take .

george has agreed a price with a tradesman, whose work has been checked out.

We here can't price the job unseen, and personally I feel you are better off with someone who has got quality in mind rather than an attitude of 'lets see how quick I can get this done so I can move on to the next one'.

If I have someone doing something in my house I don't want to be ripped off, but I don't want him rushing, I don't want him thinking 'that'll do'. I wouldn't take my car to a mechanic I didn't trust just to save money.

And this isn't like buying a pair of shoes .

Value for money is different to cost.

You have to look at this plastering job every day - five, perhaps ten, twenty years - better to pay a quality tradesman who will take his time and do the thing properly. Extra £50 - 60 or £100 perhaps - but if it gets you a job for life?

Here's one for you - if you ever have had a poor job done in your house - tiling, plastering, painting, architrave, patio whatever.

Put 50p in a jar every time it catches your eye and see how much you collect before you move house.

i wassent trying to say thats too long as i havent seen it and i did say it must be fairly big to have 4 days in it but the general concencous was that a normal kitchen diner would only take mabey a day to a day and a half to board and a day to a day and a half to skim thus 3 days, but as i said it could be fairly big and thats where the 4 days is comeing from.
nothing to get het up about mic ;) .
although i do think render would be nicer but im a render kinda guy

i wassent trying to say thats too long as i havent seen it and i did say it must be fairly big to have 4 days in it but the general concencous was that a normal kitchen diner would only take mabey a day to a day and a half to board and a day to a day and a half to skim thus 3 days, but as i said it could be fairly big and thats where the 4 days is comeing from.
nothing to get het up about mic ;) .
although i do think render would be nicer but im a render kinda guy

No worries - more a general comment, jr.

Maybe I just don't want the prices coming down :LOL:

And I'd prefer render too, anyday - especially in a kitchen

agreed mate render all the way and the higher the price the better (for us anyway to make up for all the cr*p prices weve put up with over the last few years) :LOL:

ok i try get some pics up + measurements..cheers anyway for well..most of sensible replies :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back