Plastering Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im getting some plastering done. I have been quoted £12 per sq m. This is for replaster/plasterboard of walls and ceiling with one coat multi finish.
London Area.

How does this price look??

Sponsored Links
One coat multi finish?
What's that?
Is it one coat of multi finish, if so insist you want a two coat finish, that is how it should be done.
If it's one coat, why is your spreader using that?
The price seems reasonable to me for two coats, it's the type of price I get.
But it seems that down south the spreaders are coming in a bit cheaper compared to further north you go. Which is not normal, in Scotland they are paying £15 a sqm.
But some of the spreads on here, are talking about only getting £5/6 per sqm.

How does this price look??
like pbod
says its cheaper down south only because of the amount of spreads and competition here, how much work have you got? how many m2?, your on about just skim right ? £12 am2 is a dear quote if you have only got 1 room and the room is 50m2 or more thats £600 for a days work he has quoted you even if hes slow and has to come back and do the next morning its still dear, that kind of money is a weeks work for a spread down here, i know a lot of spreads and i dont know anyone whos on £600 a day,tell you what if its an average size room of 50m2 or more ill pop up to london and do it for £250 less than him, for that kind of money i dont even have to come out i can sub it out to another spread i know who likes to travel and still make an earner out of it
oh and it will be 2 coat as well, one coat multi finish on board? @ £12 a m2 is a rip off

Sponsored Links
as steve said how big is the room, and where abouts near london are you im in hertfordshire just outside of enfield

Without all the relative info, it still sounds reasonable, any one can give it the . " i will do it in a day" been there done that, you must of had other prices , how do they compare?, i'm all for competitiveness but to start tellin the guy you can do it cheaper with out the relative info is wrong. this gives other people the wrong impression also, no wonder when we go out and give customers quotes they think they are being ripped off, purely because of what they read on the internet. Don't get me wrong i am not slagging you guys off for telling him he might be gettin ripped of , but until you are aware of all the facts, why would you start throwing prices at him, his post is vague to say the least.
Regards

, his post is vague to say the least.
it couldent be more clearer in my eyes skim on board? is what the man said and i would skim any board for half what he was quoted any day of the week

He says to "replaster/plasterboard and skim", to me that indicates that there may be some boarding work and backing plaster !!! but hey what do i know , not been at it that long, plus didn't he say the work was in London, last time i worked in London it cost me a fortune in parking plus the odd fine

, his post is vague to say the least.
it couldent be more clearer in my eyes skim on board? is what the man said and i would skim any board for half what he was quoted any day of the week

He says to "replaster/plasterboard and skim"
really? why would you replaster plasterboard and then skim it? i think his post says "This is for replaster/plasterboard of walls and ceiling"
which to me looks like replaster plasterboard of board and ceiling, anyway what ever it is i have told him what i would quote for a replaster of walls and ceiling on plasterboard, now if lisnjim would like to come back on his post and be more specific he more than welcome

Fair enough your interpretation is different to mine, but i still stand by waht i said in my second post.
Have a nice day ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back