Plastering Training In North West

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

can anyone recommend a plastering course in the North West, ideally around the Liverpool, South Manchester area. Looked at a few on the net but it would be nice if someone could give some honest feedback from personal experience.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
OK..i have taught myself, because a trained plasterer who went on a few weeks course couldn't hack plastering in France. Fair enough he wasn't used to anything except one type of plaster. End result i diod it myself and have learnt myself. Its not rocket science at a certain level.
A lot is practice in application-eg putting plaster on wall/board, getting the mix right and of course knowing which plaster for which job.
If you have facility to try yourself-eg a wall/plasterboard you can erect etc you could try...this probably isn't what you want to hear.
Otherwise why not cotact a plasterer and ask to help. However you may end up being a skivvy (right word?). Howvere if you watch and try what he does at home you will fly!

Did a course in Stockport last Aug - you can probably work out where it was from a bit of searching.
(don't want to name directly as will probably get into trouble with the mods)
Would recommend it. 4 days well spent and I think good value for money as you got some tools to get you going (tho did upgrade my trowel to a marsh***town one asap).
Taught the basics and most importantly it gave you some practice and good tips.
I would liken it to doing driving lessons... Once you pass - you can drive a car on your own... but this does not make you Lewis Hamilton straight off the course! ;)
It will only be the start of the journey. I've found I've made a couple of mistakes since in my DIY, but nothing major fortunately (would have been worse without help from the forum before starting).
My skimming has improved greatly after 2 complete rooms - but would not claim to be anywhere as good as a pro.
This forum is great for educating beyond the basics - but there is no substitute for practice & getting to know the materials in different circumstances.
Only a DIYer, but thoroughly enjoy seeing a completed wall I have managed to do myself! :D
Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back