plastic back door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been considering fitting a plastic back door to my home but after some research on line I'm really not confident in their ability to keep out a burglar. One salesman expounded on how long it would resits a sustained attack by a sledge hammer but he never once mentioned how secure the locks were. am really going off the idea and am now considering a wooden replacement where I can fit a mortice lock and independent dead-bolts. Would anyone out there have information/suggestions/advice that would ally my fears?

DAVID

Sponsored Links
Hi David, Plastic or wooden, you have to look at it this way, if a burgular wants to get in he will. normally it will be through a window not a door. most upvc doors these days have 5 point locking, 2 leavers that are hooked go up and 2 go down then you have a dead bolt in the middle thats operated by the key. i have fitted hundreds of upvc doors and i have 2 in my house. i have never heard of anybody getting through one with out brought force and that much noise would alert you neighbours anyway.
With upvc there are no drafts and no warping, you dont have to treat them or paint them just a wipe down with warm soapy water and job done.
Hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back