Plastic joints next to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plumber has used plastic push fit joints within the metre or so distance where copper, not plastic, pipe is recommended on the outflow. Can anyone reassure me that plastic joints are exempt from the rule? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Establish the manufacturer of the fittings and ask them. Plus different boiler manufacturers have different ideas on this so ask them too.

should not have plastic next to a boiler who ever makes it bad practice diy job at a guess,having said that dont panic probably be ok but not correct way of doing it

not supposed to use plastic within 1m as a general rule,having said that i have seen boilers piped completely with plastic with out any visible problems

Sponsored Links
Get him back to put proper brass compression or copper end feeds on the pipes if your botheredd by it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back