plastic pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help please
moving a mixer thermo shower from one wall to another across room,
i can hide plumbing under the bath that is in now, my question is can i use plastic pipe like hep pipe to connect from my new shower then drop down under my bath to the new connections, i am not sure if i can treat plastic pipe like copper tube, would be graet if i could it would me much easier to route this down than copper if so a compression fitting at the shower then drop the pipe down the dry linning uner the bath
i have not used plastic before not even sure f i can connect plastic to copper using compression fitting or hep push on fittings
any advice please
regards

Sponsored Links
If you are burying the pipes that supply the shower in the wall and plastering over them I would recommend using copper pipe with any fittings being soldered fittings.
I would not be happy about plastering over a compression or worse still a push-fit fitting. Unless it's a BIV shower valve where typically you will have no choice and have to use compression fittings buried in the wall.

If you are supplying the shower valve from a void behind the shower (e.g.airing cupboard ) then you could use plastic pipe and whatever fittings you want but the shower valve will need supporting in some way if it is ,say, a bar type valve without a back plate for securing it to the tiled wall. You should not try and support a bar-type valve by just the pipes especially not plastic pipes.

If you are burying the pipes that supply the shower in the wall and plastering over them I would recommend using copper pipe with any fittings being soldered fittings.
I would not be happy about plastering over a compression or worse still a push-fit fitting . . .

Indeed, but if you are 'burying' the pipes in the wall sleeve the majority of it in plastic pipe (ie 15mm copper inside 22mm Hep) to allow for expansion etc.

Sponsored Links
thanks guys,
i have yet to purchase the shower yet maybe tomorrow, so not sure how the set up is , the shower i have on the other wall the one i am taking down as i am altering the room is a surface mounted gainsborough ambassorder its been in for years and worked great, i did not fit it so not sure how it connects , it looks like the pipes hidden behind the tiles up to the shower and connect on by a compression type nut
that is why i asked about plastic pipe as if the next shower connects this way i could use plastic pipe
when i purchase the shower i will have a good look at it first to see the set up , would have liked to seen the old shower set up but leaving that in sitchu to new one up and working
never seen one of these showers out of the box that is why i am not sure of how it plumbs in
many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back