Plastic Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

What are your thoughts on using Plastic Pipe, such as Hep2o Barrier, for mains water connection from internal stoptap to Unvented Cylinder? The run this pipe has to take would be quite difficult with copper, and might require more bends/elbows than plastic. Using Plastic would defintely be quicker, and would mean I can have one continuous run rather than joints every couple of metres or so, but i'm wondering if there are any issues with durability/performance etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd probably use plastic for that too. There are always issues, but hey, it's OK! 15mm would be too small though.

Barrier is for c/heating..oxygen permeation barrier :eek:

The only issue i can think of is the extra cost of plastic pipes and fittings. Good luck, can we see some pics when you do it?

Sponsored Links
I don't think the cost of 22mm Plastic Pipe is that much greater than equivalent copper - in fact, the actual pipe is cheaper, although the fittings are not.

Barrier pipe shouldn't be used for this application then? I thought any extra protection offered in plastic pipework was better?

Will take some pictures when i'm installing it.

You can certainly use "barrier" type for anything you can use non-b for. It might even make the pipe smell less of water to mice and rats?

i was looking on Hep2o's site, and they say the following about vermin:

Extensive testing has demonstrated that vermin do not show a preference for Hep2O

Anyone had any experience with mice/rats eating through plastic pipe?

I saw a rat had eaten a multiquick pan connector once :eek: Isn`t barrier pipe dearer than normal pipe :?:

ln1234 said:
i was looking on Hep2o's site, and they say the following about vermin:

Extensive testing has demonstrated that vermin do not show a preference for Hep2O

Anyone had any experience with mice/rats eating through plastic pipe?
Mine insist on it, won't go to sleep unless Hep20 for supper !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back