Playroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm useless with all this regulation and wondered if you can help please.

I'm having a concrete pad fitted ready for a large playroom 25ft x 18ft and and because it's nearly 40sqm I'd need planning permission. As you need all drawings etc online can I hire someone to fill this in and do the drawings for me.
If so who would I contact please? Sorry to sound a little dumb.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you could be getting your Planning Permission and Building Regulations mixed up. The floor area per se does not automatically mean you need Planning Permission.

So first establish if it needs Planning Permission or not, so have a read here: http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/outbuildings/ and ask any questions you may be unsure of.

As its over 30m2 it will definitely need Building Regulations approval, but lets see if it needs Planning Permission before we go any further.

Welcome to the forum BTW ;)

Sounds like you could be getting your Planning Permission and Building Regulations mixed up. The floor area per se does not automatically mean you need Planning Permission.

So first establish if it needs Planning Permission or not, so have a read here: http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/outbuildings/ and ask any questions you may be unsure of.

As its over 30m2 it will definitely need Building Regulations approval, but lets see if it needs Planning Permission before we go any further.

Welcome to the forum BTW ;)

Thanks.

I'm fine for the 50% and all that and 1 metre from neighbours garden, but as it's 24ft x 18ft that's 40 square metre above the 30 square metre.

What is my next move mate, I'm getting the concrete base fitted next week.

OK, so you're sure it doesn't need Planning Permission!

So it is just Building Regulations you need to be concerned with, note that they are totally separate types of approval.

Is this playroom you are proposing a kit, pre-fab or is it going to be built from scratch, are you self building or employing a builder to build it or what? This al has a bearing on how you approach this.

Sponsored Links

So it is just Building Regulations you need to be concerned with, note that they are totally separate types of approval.

Is this playroom you are proposing a kit, pre-fab or is it going to be built from scratch, are you self building or employing a builder to build it or what? This al has a bearing on how you approach this.

Hi mate I'm getting the local carpenter to build it for me. It's 2.4metre high 6.5meter length x 5.3metre width he's using 3x2 but As it's 40square metres I think I'll need planning permission mate.

I'm fine for the 50% and all that and 1 metre from neighbours garden, but as it's 24ft x 18ft that's 40 square metre above the 30 square metre.

What is my next move mate, I'm getting the concrete base fitted next week.
Stop what you are doing and seek advice from a professional.

@ Mastbruch,

As per the other two, you don't seem to understand the rules - check before you go any further.

Hi mate I'm getting the local carpenter to build it for me. It's 2.4metre high 6.5meter length x 5.3metre width he's using 3x2 but As it's 40square metres I think I'll need planning permission mate.

planning permission = where you build and what it looks like
building regs = how it's built

you might have permission under permitted dev rules already. Check with the council that you have intact permitted dev rights. If you do, and your project complies with the points in FMT's link then you have permission

you will need to notify your local building control dept. Do that right now. I daresay a project if this small size and low complexity doesn't warrant use of a private firm..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back