please comment on our multifuel stove set up

The Hetas installer would be self-certificating. I'd suggest you contact Hetas. The paperwork may not be of immediate concern to you, but any future buyer's solicitor would want to see the documents.

Thats an interesting aspect as to whether the installer can fit a stove which is not approval listed by HETAS.

Sponsored Links
Not really tony,it's like saying could you fit a brand new gas appliance without a gc number or ce mark.

onetap - I dont mind owning up - better to admit being wrong now and again than to come across as a righteous knowall :D

Nordio -you are dead right about plumbers - we have searched and searched for someone we think will do a decent job. The bloke we settled on has finally tired of my questions and Im meeting him on one of his jobs next week (installing an identical system), so I can properly see whats involved and get all my questions answered at once - I think this bodes well!

Sponsored Links
but any future buyer's solicitor would want to see the documents.
This is relevant to the HIP (Home Information Pack) I believe which as I understand it, is only relevant to England and Wales.
BC don't need to know what you do inside your own home! Its none of their business.
Certainly not with regard to a solid fuel stove installation and especially not if they charge some ludicrous fee for a visit out to ones premises.
And most certainly not if you never intend selling your home.
Anyway I'm from NI and whitehall pen pusher legislation is looked upon with some contempt!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back