Please could you help me make the boiler heat the radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is a Viessmann vitodens 100-w b1hc (even though sticker says b1kc) 35kw.

https://ibb.co/swTDwRm
https://ibb.co/x8Yk9Y0

The boiler just doesn't seem to be kicking in in our house. The display seems fine and the taps have hot water perfect. On the boiler I have set the radiator temp to 70oC, nothing. I put it in service mode up to 100 (the only video for that model I could find on youtube) and it will put it on blast for a little bit. Whatever service mode is....

I turn it off and on with the right power button and nothing, maybe like a few seconds of it sounding like it's firing up. I think it has a remote control, bottom left of the picture, that's dead if it is the right device.

There's a black box with a single button in the middle (bottom right of picture), I press it and the LED's to either side flash red for a few secs then nothing
After much googling I found the user manual, which honestly makes no sense to me. I looked for the bit about turning the radiators on and it was like it was on about something completely different. The model number on the sticker (b1kc) is for a completely different boiler than what I have (in terms of control panel) a b1hc.

Please could you help one chilly northener!

Attachments

• 20231017_003328.jpg
    20231017_003328.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 20231017_003348.jpg
    20231017_003348.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
I may be wrong, but your boiler appears to have a wireless receiver (the black box, but I don't recognise it).
Somewhere in the house, there may be a wireless thermostat.

The box in the left appears to be a Viewsmann controller...
1697587279690.png

I don't think this model is wireless - is there a battery holder on the back?.

If you can take some closer pictures of the black box, and white thermostat, we may be able to give you some ideas.

Please forgive me, but it does seem an odd situation you are in - most home occupiers would know where their thermostat is :)

...a little bit more pressure in the system wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but your boiler appears to have a wireless receiver (the black box, but I don't recognise it).
Somewhere in the house, there may be a wireless thermostat.

The box in the left appears to be a Viewsmann controller...
View attachment 317459
I don't think this model is wireless - is there a battery holder on the back?.

If you can take some closer pictures of the black box, and white thermostat, we may be able to give you some ideas.

Please forgive me, but it does seem an odd situation you are in - most home occupiers would know where their thermostat is :)

...a little bit more pressure in the system wouldn't hurt either.
Thank you. I'm in a house share and like to leave the boiler alone. Honestly that picture does look familiar. I think one of my housemates likes to hide it in his room and play dumb when it gets cold. Here are the pictures of the other remote.

Attachments

• 20231018_025026.jpg
    20231018_025026.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 35
  • 20231018_025016.jpg
    20231018_025016.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links
That's not a "remote" that's a Honeywell ST9100C which is a Two Channel Programmer. It's mains powered and if it was in use, it would be fixed to the wall and there would be wires connected to it internally, like this:

Screenshot 2023-10-18 082822.png

So at the moment it is not doing anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back