Please help - I can't change the bloomin' light bulb!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently bought my first home and didn't realise the bulbs started blowing just how many down lights there are - in the hall, the kitchen, the living room, and even the bathroom.

I believe that this is the brand of light that I have:

http://www.selcobw.com/products/ele...ighting/gu10-fixed-fire-rated-downlight-white

I have managed to replace two of the bulbs, but can't undo the bezel on the other lights. My fingers are sore from trying to turn the bezel but I'm wondering if there is some sort of tool I could purchase that would be able to grip the bezel?

Any thoughts... Really appreciate any help!! Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
You (or the previous owners) could well have fitted the wrong lamps, which will overheat and fail prematurely.

On the fittings you have managed to replace the lamps on, is there any sticker or other indication as to the type of lamp required for the fitting?

There is no tool to remove the bezel. It's not the outer bezel but the inner ring you need to remove. Usually, they twist anticlock and then it drops down.

Your lamps should be aluminium reflector lamps, not dichroics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back