Please Help!! Leaking overflow from h/w expansion vessel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one help. I am fast running out of ideas. I have a Tribune Premier HW tank with an 18l expansion vessel in my flat.

I have had several plumbers/engineers out over the last year as recommended by baxi and still have a leaking pipe. I have a new PRV and also a new expansion tank fitted. Which has STILL not solved the problem.

However, it is now dripping slower than before. It is not the hw tank as its only cold water coming out & I can see the drip coming from the pipe leading from the prv/ expansion vessel in the tundish. Is it possible to stop this leak???

The old expansion vessel had 'gone' and was solid full of water.

Could it be the pressure in the expansion vessel? I have charged it to the correct temperature of 3.5bar.

I am getting really down in the dumps about this and throwing money away on it.

PLEASE HELP GUYS I AM ALL OUT OF IDEAS.

Sponsored Links
What is the standing Water pressure, the pressure reducing valve could be letting by,

The water may coming from the Temperature/Pressure relief valve, (the one on the side of the tank at the top) this normally shares a discharge with the PRV which you have already changed

It is important to inform you that only accrdited personell with G3 certificates can do any work on unvented hot water storage systems ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back