Please help me understand my problem and what I can do about it!!

Cheers muggles. So what to do about this 12l/min?

I guess the only way is to get the unvented, run the new 22mm copper to it and see what it spits out? Then look at accumulators and the like if I'm not happy??

Is there any other option for me really?
What about a larger vented cylinder with a shower pump as someone said earlier?

Sponsored Links

I guess the only way is to get the unvented, run the new 22mm copper to it and see what it spits out? Then look at accumulators and the like if I'm not happy??

Pretty much, yes. 22mm copper should help a bit but an accumulator will have the greatest effect on your flow rate given that you've got fairly decent static pressure. Doing both would be the best option, of course

Sounds like an unnecessarily noisy and potentially less reliable option to me

Has anyone used those mains water pumps?
Max flow rate from one of those is 12l/min, so they won't help. You seem out of your depth here, maybe go advise people on how to change tap washers or something you actually understand?

Sponsored Links

Sounds like an unnecessarily noisy and potentially less reliable option to me
Phil asked if there were any other options. I don't know how much Phil is looking to spend but unvented cylinders and accumulators will run into thousands. Just trying to offer another option. Of course an unvented is the most favourable option imho. Phil's primary concern is getting a good flow rate through his shower head. A larger cylinder and a pump would achieve this. Obviously recovery time, noise etc are concerns with this set-up.

Last edited:
Has anyone used those mains water pumps?
Max flow rate from one of those is 12l/min, so they won't help. You seem out of your depth here, maybe go advise people on how to change tap washers or something you actually understand?
Read what I actually wrote. It was a question. I wasn't suggesting it would work. Grab some cocoa and breathe dadio. I've never used one and I don't particularly like the idea. I asked if anyone else had. I didn't know what flow rate they provide as I've never been sufficiently interested or had reason to find out. You're first sentence was sufficient.

Last edited:
Excuse my ego trip but this is the Walter Segal designed house that my wife and I self built in 1980 / 81
View attachment 96651

Totally by chance, I know the son of Walter Segal.

He is quite keen on his father's work and often gives a short presentation about it.

But he designed houses during the 1900s !

Tony

It's the last I'll say on the matter before Muggles tells me off again. Boiler has 34KW DHW output max and 30KW heating output max at factory settings. Max heating output can be matched to system requirement (let's say, for example 50% = 15KW). Boiler can still modulate down but not past the new set limit. Anyway, willy waving isn't going to help Phil.

Should have read boiler can still modulate down but not up past new set limit. For example 7 to 15kw for heating. Still 34kW for hot water.

[QUOTE="bernardgreen, post: 3623546, member: 411576]

His concept about houses and homes is still valid.

[/QUOTE]

I mentioned your comment to my friend and he actually remembers "The Greens".

He even thinks he still has the plans.

Tony

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back