Please help white decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I painted a deck with blackfriars anti slip decking paint.
I've used it before and it was great.
I painted it last week on a dry day but it rained in the evening. I've gone back to it and it's all white. How can I fix it?
I can't sand it back because the wood has ridges. I've attached photos of when it was done and today

Attachments

• 20240226_140438.jpg
    20240226_140438.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20240301_103521.jpg
    20240301_103521.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 20240301_103534.jpg
    20240301_103534.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
Surfactant leaching.
I guess there is water near by?
Wrong time of the year for exterior painting.
When the warmer comes, scorch pad over and give it another coat.

Worth phoning technical for advice though

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This is on the paint instructions, we just had the wettest February on record, spend the next couple of months getting it prepared for a drier period to recoat it, did you read the reviews i posted, some people where struggling to remove it.
  • Ensure surface to be treated is clean, thoroughly dry, sound and free from wax, oil or any other contamination
  • Employ adequate methods to remove dirt, dust, oil, and all other contaminants that could interfere with adhesion of the coating
  • It is important that the substrate is thoroughly dry before application and during the drying period otherwise blanching (whitening) may occur

This is on the paint instructions, we just had the wettest February on record, spend the next couple of months getting it prepared for a drier period to recoat it, did you read the reviews i posted, some people where struggling to remove it.
  • Ensure surface to be treated is clean, thoroughly dry, sound and free from wax, oil or any other contamination
  • Employ adequate methods to remove dirt, dust, oil, and all other contaminants that could interfere with adhesion of the coating
  • It is important that the substrate is thoroughly dry before application and during the drying period otherwise blanching (whitening) may occur
Yes I've just seen the reviews. It's doesn't fill me with confidence.
I've used it before and it was really good. It was in better weather though.

And the moral of the story, boys and girls, is check the weather forecast in your local area before starting a job outside. (y) or the calendar, in this case.

Is it a sigh of the times that people do this sort of thing ?
I'm surprised technical support didn't send you a special badge!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back