PLEASE HELP WITH BAXI BERMUDA INSET 2 50/4 not firing up!!!

Sponsored Links
You havent recently decorated per chance? This Boiler has no PCB!

Paul

Also 50/4 does not have a PCB...found this out by taking the thing apart...not finding oe so i phoned Baxi and they told me that only the 50/4E has a PCB.....should hav done that first!!!

Sorry, I did say 'think' though in my earlier post :oops:

Is this a fully pumped system with zone valves/valve?

If so, do you by any chance have the Honeywell electronic wiring center fitted in the airing cupboard, or maybe somewhere else?

If so switch off and remove the cover, as these have a 2 amp fuse in them as well.

If this blew no power would get to the stat or anything.

Sponsored Links
Dont apologise Dave, your knowledge is un-questionable. (Still doing them gaskets and CO alarms buoy!)

OP ,YOU say touched wire to wrong terminal. did you take wires out??? and have put back in wrong place
or did yo line clock up wrong to backplate, if so you have prob blown the clock

No worries Dave and thanks for all you help!!!!

I did line the terminals up wrong when attaching programmer to back plate and did not remove the wiring. THe programmer works (all lights work anyway)....dont know what you mean about blowing the clock.

I have checked everywhere for another fuse box or fused spur or anything that looks remotely like it could contain a fuse but no joy!!

Im thinking im going to have to bite the bullet and get British gas out £168!!!. :cry:
Just hope it is not something really small and silly that he can fix with his index finger......i want him to be here for at least 3 hours and have to replace parts if it is going to cost me that!!!! :LOL:

A Honeywell wiring center doesn't look like a fused switch, but a cream plastic box about 8" x 4".

Apart from that, I would have thought a local guy would soon fix it., certainly for a lot less than BG fixed price call out.

I charge £60 + VAT for the first hour and would certainly hope to sort it within this hour.

Most on here would do likewise.

I have an Invensys up2 but bought a ACL Drayton (Invensys) Lifestyle LP722 7day Programmer to replace as my first thought was the programmer. The new one is the direct replacement and wires up the same (same wiring diagram on the back of the programmer) so i simply attached it to the existing base plate. I set up the times and tried in on advanced but all lights up fine but still no firing of the boiiler.

Could it be the soleniod on the gas valve? Having looked around in the tinternet i can not find a soleniod to replace so preseme it will have to be a new gas valve. these are not cheap so any chance it could be something easier?

I have looked around the airing cupboard, loft, pretty much everywhere and can not find a wiring centre so again presume there is not one........im pulling mne and the missus's hair out (although she likes it rough!! :D ) thinking when the hell it can be!

All replys so far greatfully recieved...i appretiate the time given to others!

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back