Please help with bell box wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my bell box stopped working so i purchased a reson8 bell box to replace it. problem i have is in my existin bell box there are 6 wires and 6 connectors and on the new one there is only 5 connections.
in my existing box there is a stobe + (blue wire) & stobe - (white wire) but on the new box there is only a strobe - connection.
do i just tape the blue wire off and connect the white wire to the strobe - connector or will that not work ?

please help this is driving me mad :)

Sponsored Links
Normally, control panels will supply a switched negative trigger for the strobe, so yes, you can snip and tape off the blue wire, as the strobe will be receiving its constant positive supply from the main +Ve wire.

At worst, all that would happen if it were a switched positive coming from your panel, is that your strobe light would flash all the time. You wouldn't damage anything.

Thanks for the quick response, when you say strobe will flash all the time what do you mean by that ? Are you sure it would work without the blue wire ? Thanks

Thanks for the quick response, when you say strobe will flash all the time what do you mean by that ? Are you sure it would work without the blue wire ? Thanks

If your panel were not normal and was supplying a switched positive (the wire you tape off), then it would not result in anything being damaged. It is most likely that it is switched negative though (via the white wire), so will be fine and all will work as expected by taping off the blue (+ve) wire.

Sponsored Links
Normally, control panels will supply a switched negative trigger for the strobe, so yes, you can snip and tape off the blue wire, as the strobe will be receiving its constant positive supply from the main +Ve wire.

At worst, all that would happen if it were a switched positive coming from your panel, is that your strobe light would flash all the time. You wouldn't damage anything.

i have done as you said and wired up like for like leaving out the strobe + wire, only problem i have now is the strobe is flashing constant !
is there any way to get round this problem at all ??
i have disconnected both the + & - strobe wires for now and the alarm works perfect but with no stobe ! any assistance would be grateful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back