Please me compile list for washing machine cupboard install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am moving my washing machine to hallway cupboard. This will be my first time working with waste pipes, and I've seen too much TV where a botch job is done. So want to make sure I have all the right tools etc.

The cupboard will also house a full size condensor tumble dryer with waste pipe.

I therefore need to provide a waste system for both to use, and would be greatful with help ensuring that I buy all the right things.

It seems that there are 2 sizes of waste pipes. Shall I use the 32mm ?

I read somewhere that a trap(U bend) should be included. Seems sensible to me. Trouble is which to get ! I've been looking at BES LTD catalogue.

Ideally a pointer to a FAQ somewhere on this might be good. I can never find them when I need to.

Sponsored Links
freestyle said:
I am moving my washing machine to hallway cupboard. This will be my first time working with waste pipes, and I've seen too much TV where a botch job is done. So want to make sure I have all the right tools etc.

The cupboard will also house a full size condensor tumble dryer with waste pipe.

I therefore need to provide a waste system for both to use, and would be greatful with help ensuring that I buy all the right things.

It seems that there are 2 sizes of waste pipes. Shall I use the 32mm ?

No - use 40mm pipe. If you're in any doubt then consult the manufacturer's installation instructions.

freestyle said:
I read somewhere that a trap(U bend) should be included. Seems sensible to me. Trouble is which to get ! I've been looking at BES LTD catalogue.

Get a McAlpine WM3 combined trap and standpipe.

freestyle said:
Ideally a pointer to a FAQ somewhere on this might be good. I can never find them when I need to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back