plumber mait

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have just used some plumber mait on a toilet to make a sealing joint but how the hell do you stop it from sticking to your fingers and every thing else.what can i use as there are no instruction on the tub. thanks

Sponsored Links
What the F***. I just did a search on www.google.co.uk using the search string "plumber mait" (including the inverted commas). Fourth site on the results comes up as Post Comment :eek: Are these search engines getting worse or what.

Doing a bit more delving According to the Health and Safety Data Sheet
First Aid Measures
Eye contact: Irrigate thoroughly with water and seek medical advice.
Skin contact: Wipe off excess with a paper towel, then clean with resin removing cream or hand cleanser. DO NOT use solvents. Finally was with soap and water.
So presumably, something like this would do the job.

When you say a sealing joint on a toilet, do you mean between the cistern and pan, or the pan and pan connector?

With a pan connector, you shouldn't need any jointing compound as you have a rubber seal built into the pan connector.

If you are worried about the dangers of plumbers mait, use Boss Green. This is suitable for use with drinking water supplies, thus it should be safe. Although after doing anything involving a toilet I should hope you are washing your hands pretty thoroughly anyway! :LOL:

TexMex said:
What the F***. I just did a search on www.google.co.uk using the search string "plumber mait" (including the inverted commas). Fourth site on the results comes up as Post Comment :eek: Are these search engines getting worse or what.

Ah, one of the many bains of the internet: the humble blog. A wonderful idea when it started, now 99% are just people whining on about how c**p their life is. If it cheers them up then I'm all for it, but I really wish google would ignore blogs!

That's it, I'm off to start a weblog about how when I was a teen, teen angst only annoyed those in your immediate vicinity, and had no chance of annoying someone on the other side of the globe who you have never met, and is trying to figure out how to fix a toilet. ;)

Sponsored Links
I find rolling a piece into a small ball and then rolling that over the bits you want picked up works fine. Also having slightly wet fingers stops it sticking quite so bad.

I hate the stuff - highly inconsistent, no resilience, goes hard eventually, horrid. White spirit will get it off - or one of the paint brush cleaners which is also water soluble so you can wash it off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back