Plumbers for hire?

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
B.O.B Dunderhead said:
yet another scum bag contractor poaching for cheap labour,
Crawl back under your stone. :evil:

Hey! Scumbag contractor? That's a bit harsh! I didn't know I was breaking rules - I read them and it didnt say anything about asking for a plumber on the forum. And yes, someone replied - Meldrews_mate, called at my house this evening, fixed my problem, charged a very reasonable price and we had a good chat. I'll be sending him a replacement graphics card to try and fix his self-build PC at the weekend and one day, when I can afford a house, I'll try and twist his arm into visiting me again and sorting out a whole new set of plumbing troubles.

All in all, my request resulted in a pleasant, painfree experience that I hope has brought some positive outcome to the world.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my 'problem' - imaginary or otherwise. And sorry for
1) being overeager in asking for advice
2) dredging up old threads
3) illegally posting my email address
4) (sort of) insulting the 'profession' wrt time-keeping

With six weeks until I graduate to the priesthood, mid-serious roof repair and without carpets, I got a bit panicky that the heating was starting to play up.:oops:

Now I know the form, I'll behave myself.

And hell, I might even offer some advice in a part of the forum where I can help ...

Now thats interesting, I did not know that Mildrews Mate overlapped our service area. If only he identified himself he might get an invite to the curry evenings!

Now back to Father Tobe, what exactly was the fault ??? So far its diagnosis interuptus.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
I don't think he does overlap - he just happend to be in London on another job and my house is en route to the M40...

As for the solution, diverter stuck - does that make sense? Though I think there's also some truth in your use of quotes about problem.

ps next time I'll work out how to get email address from usernames and contact people directly. Rather embarrassing that someone of my alleged technical ability didn't manage that anyway... :oops:

The original description of the problem did not mirror the symptoms of a sticking diverter valve in any way on a 3-4 y.o. Vaillant 824/828.

These are the symptoms:-

Stuck on CH :-

DHW demand gives CH
CH demand gives CH

Stuck on DHW

DHW demand gives DHW
CH demand gives nothing.

You said that your likeable, but untimely, "plumber" had checked the diverter and one presumes concluded it was OK.

I hope that you gave a prayer of thanksgiving for the speedy repair!

Tony

Father Tobe said:
Hey! Scumbag contractor? That's a bit harsh!
Just to clarify, my "crawl back under your stone" comment was directed at B.O.B Dimwit for making such a stupid and unjustified jibe against you. I now realise that it could possibly be seen as reinforcing what he said so I want to make it clear that it does not. Best to try to ignore all comments by Bumbling Old Bob.

chrishutt said:
Father Tobe said:
Hey! Scumbag contractor? That's a bit harsh!
Just to clarify, my "crawl back under your stone" comment was directed at B.O.B Dimwit for making such a stupid and unjustified jibe against you. I now realise that it could possibly be seen as reinforcing what he said so I want to make it clear that it does not. Best to try to ignore all comments by Bumbling Old Bob.

I realised Chris. Thanks for clarifying though.

Agile said:
I hope that you gave a prayer of thanksgiving for the speedy repair!

I'll leave comments on the actual issue for the other thread. This one can die.

However, yes I did indeed give a prayer - for both kind people and t'Internet.

I'm a plumber and i work for a private chain of day nurseries and schools. There are two of us, i do plumbing and some of the heating, the other guy is corgi and does heating and gas.

I also do work for myself at a very competitive rates and i pay my taxes as i should do. I am no expert on gas, although i do it and the corgi guy commisions it.

works a treat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back