plumbers in the London area ... ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi....

I don't know if anyone can help me?

I am studying plumbing (City & Guilds) part-time (evenings) at Acton college in West London. I am half way through my course. I am taking my Water Regs 2 day course/examination before the end of the year and hope to do my ACS/Unvented late next year or in early 2010. I have also done some plumbing jobs for friends & family when required to and when available over the past 12 months.

I am looking for a plumber/plumbing company in the London area (or greater London area) who I can help during week days or weekends, or when required. I don't require any wages I just want to learn. I absolutely love plumbing. I am willing to travel at my own expense and if given a chance will even be on a trial basis or meet you for an interview.

I am not on the "dole!" or claiming any benefits I am just wanting to learn more all the time and as said before, really enjoy plumbing. I am 26 years old, male, English.

I am not scared of hard work, am honest, friendly, reliable, punctual, trustworthy and easy to get on with.

Some of the basic plumbing jobs I have completed on my own are:

changing taps, pillar and mixer
changing rad valves and radiators
replacing float valves in cold water storage cisterns and wc cisterns
changing a wc siphon and drop valve
replacing a cylinder stat
replaced a 3 port mid position valve and circulating pump also

Thanks for reading my post and if anyone can help me/offer me a chance please reply or pm me and i'd be happy to call you/meet you.

All the best

Steve

Sponsored Links
no one ??? :)

nope.

unlikely too be either.

most of the plumbers are not in London / work in London, and those that do probably know about Acton College :LOL:

why not try the Obvious one as your in London, everyone knows them

Sponsored Links
see, i never even had to say who i meant.

I have met some of them (never the same one twice) but it would seem they are all subbies.

They do seem to me to be all about a money making excercise. I may be wrong but I have had four or five customers in the last few months who have had simple jobs that were not done correctly or simply not done and were charged a fortune and there was no comeback, I have noticed they are iphe registered, I wonder if we will see them pop up on watchdog or a similar program.

When they started a back in the late 80's or early 90's I had a plumbing Co not far from them in Chelsea and they had a good rep then.

You have not given the key information that I am wondering about!

Where you live, who you live with, what do you live on, how you travel about and what are your limitations on hours and days.

I do very little plumbing work as I mostly only deal with boiler repairs and heating systems but if you need experience and are available then I might be able to give you experience on some jobs if you are a good learner.

I am a good trainer but you will have to work hard to be able to mentally keep up and your brain might ache at the end of a day!

You can contact me via my profile. But if you smoke then please dont bother!

Tony

But if you smoke then please dont bother!
Tony

See if you work with Tony you could get fitter as well.
What he has not told you is you get to the job at 5.30am you have to run with a boiler strapped to your back twice around the block 50 press ups then agood hard days work.
I am a good trainer

Company benifits included are 20 min break(where you have to also make the Tea) Free shoulder massage (after lifting boiler of off your back)

and your brain might ache at the end of a day!
When you finish for the day you have an essay to write and as an added bonus you get to type up all the quotes he has.

Sorry Tony :LOL:

No seriously Steve Put out the fags and get some work expereince with tony as he Knows his Onions. ;)

If you are interested you could get some work expereince in my company on a technical helpline, not hands on plumbing but you would learn about products.

No Smoking policy also applys. :)

When you finish for the day you have an essay to write and as an added bonus you get to type up all the quotes he has.

Last trainee ( Met UK ) used to write up his experiences in his portfolia and then email me the pictures he had taken.

But then he had an HNC in electronics which meant I could explain boilers with all the technicalities quickly.

He called Met UK to "complain" that they were so stupid not to have signed me up as a work experience provider about a year ago when they casually contacted me but never followed it up!

Tony

I had hade a look at Met uk web site 26 week course nearly 7 grand including the tools, it seem a bit of a sales company to me.

To have good training you need experience the best way is to work and train to put people on a couple of days work with a plumber or heating engineer and give them a bit of paper is rubbish.

Its like doing a driving test in the classroom.

I am a good trainer but you will have to work hard to be able to mentally keep up and your brain might ache at the end of a day!
Surely a Knighthood beckons? :rolleyes:

Or a Queens Award for Modesty?

Met UK may be expemsive but they arrange on site placements for all their trainees on a full time basis for many weeks.

I think they have agreed with CORGI that their trainees will be acceptable when they have completed a set number of jobs on each appliance within their portfolio.

But doinf 26 cooker repairs and another 26 cooker installs is a bit optimistic.

This fellow was very lucky with me as we went to cookers, gas fires and an instant water heater within a very short time. But still only a small fraction of the number he requires.

The OP seems to have run for shelter! No stamina these young ones!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back