Plumbers Mate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically im looking for a plumber that needs a mate in london, i cannot get on a plumbing course untill i can organise work- im 20, ive worked on sites for the last 5yrs(as a laboured but have a basic understanding of water systems and running pipes), i have my own transport, and more than happy to do it voluntarily. if anyone can come with any suggestions id be very gratefull, thanx -zensystem

Sponsored Links
You dont need to be working in the trade to get on a course. Im currently doing the C&G three year course at college this will get you up to NVQ three and also you can do the Gas certification at the end.
All the practical can be done at college. Just talk to your local college.
Do the first year then get a job. youll stand more chance of a plumber taking you seriuosly.
Good luck:cool:

Interestingly my local college (Basingstoke College of Technology) states that you DO need to be employed in the "Building Services".

Sees a bit of a catch 22 to me. Maybe worth checking out whether they hold you to this if your college takes this stance.

I was under the impression that to gain an nvq qualification this year you need to have onsite experience to complete the qualification. I believe there is an aligned qualification where you don't need the onsite experience, but then when you do go into the trade and so gain the work based experience the qualification is then upgraded to the full nvq. Hope that makes sense to somebody.

Sponsored Links
Im in the second year of a plumbing NVQ. The rules were changed after my year so now you do have to be working in the business to get on the course. The rules have also changed as far as CORGI is concerned in that you have to have experience working with a CORGI registed gas person before you can get your CORGI registration.

Good luck

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back