Plumbing a W/M, diswasher and sink... how??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to embark on installing a kitchen myself and, as we've just had a new boiler installed, the plumber has kindly left the hot and cold ready for us under the floorboards which, I guess, we can tee-off to feed the taps, dishwasher and washing machine.

However, I'm confused about the waste part. Left to right will be W/M then sink then dishwasher in an island splitting the kitchen and lounge of our flat - is it possible to have all three feed into the same waste pipe?

Secondly, the waste pipe exits the kitchen to the outside on the opposite side of the room (under the window if you look at the pic). In a kitchen with integrated appliances, will there be enough room for the waste pipe to run along the back of the washing machine/kitchen units?

Long question, but any advice would really, really be appreciated!

If you want to see a CG image of the kitchen, please go to http://www.joefinan.co.uk/page5.htm

Sponsored Links
Down to your plumbers merchants ... you can get a sink waste/trap system with two dishwasher/wash machine spigots.

Thanks for that!

If anyone else can answer the other questions I raised then that'd be fantastic.

their shouldnt be a problem plumbing them all into the same waste pipe, you will just have to ensure the gradient is correct, and their should be enough space behind the units for the waste pipe to run, their usually is, but you will have to check yourself when you put the cupboards up.

Sponsored Links
Looking at the CG image, is there a seperate back panel to the island units that you may be able to space away from the carcases a bit if you are short of space, worktop depth permitting?

Our dishwasher required every millimetre of space under the worktop, but the services space behind the existing units had been trimmed a bit to line up to an existing doorway

If you have wooden floors another alternative may be to run the waste below floor level if you get really stuck for space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back