plumbing and heating: wire a towerstat rf into my ideal isar

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by alfieboy1, 17 Aug 2010.

1. alfieboy1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi I wonder if anyone can help im trying to wire a towerstat rf into my ideal isar HE 24 on the boiler wiring I have a 5 core cable BLU BROWN BLK GREY & EARTH THE BLK AND GREY are not connected and there is a link wire between the 2 terminals marked L1 & L2 the BROWN is wired into L3 Earth into Earth and BLU into N on the back of the stat I have a N & L & NO & NC and a COMM for 230v wiring it looks like you put a link between L & COMM N to N can anyone tell me what L1 and L2 are and in what order are they SL on or SL off as note to sure what gos where
    Regards Alfieboy1

2. D_Hailsham

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There are to ways you can wire this.

1. Link L to Common at the Stat and connect NC (SL ON) to L2

2. Connect Common to L1 and NC (SL ON) to L2

In both cases, there must be a supply to L and N of the Stat; and the link must be removed between L1 and L2

3. alfieboy1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Hi thanks for promp reply so there is no need for the L1 to be used I did try it this way with just a switched live and got no heating when called for on stat got the fan blade symbol come up but no heating i did wire a honeywell stat between L1 and L2 and that works fine but that was only on a fly lead
    Regards Alfieboy1

4. D_Hailsham

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Have you checked that the two parts of the Towerstat talk to each other?

First check the RF addresses are the same (page 7 - RF Address Code setting)), then check communication between the two parts (page 17 - testing RF transmission range).

Do you have a multimeter? If so you can check the voltages.