Sponsored Links
ahh the joys of being a plastic redneck
lol-022.gif

Sponsored Links
Of course this is a wind up!

No one could be that illiterate!

I wouldn't bet on it:

Punctuality poor for a start.

don't you mean punctuation? Or was he a bit late for the forum?

At least he managed to get the correct words in place and he is proactively looking for work.

The internet is full of shorthand and I don't imagine for a second that he would use it in a formal quote.

For goodness sake, what point was there in being so critical?

Yet again, more childishness on what can be a good forum.

For what its worth, his posts made perfect sense and showed enthusiasm until the miserys knocked him down

I do have to say that I expect anyone applying for a job to be smartly dressed, clean, well smelling and shaved.

When applying in writing they should be careful to demonstrate that they can write and spell correctly.

If they are lazy and sloppy when applying then what on earth are they like if tey ever got the job?

I used to get lots of job application letters. It was easy to see which ( most ) were prompted by the job office and they were clearly only doing it to keep their benefit going.

I also sometimes get telephone calls. Most from people who can hardly speak in a way that my customers could understand. I immediately think how on earth could they explain anything to a customer?

Tony

There are literally thousands of apprentices out there, i get called almost daily and had some impressive well mannered, well educated ones enquire too. the only thing you can do is try to stand out and update your cv bombard everywhere with it, work for free until you have proved yourself.
just listen to what people tell you, try to be respectful, remember your selling yourself and need to prove yourself to potential employers not the other way round.

suopergas

yep cheers for tht advice :)

erm yep my cv is up to date , and i send letters out and ring plumbers daily , some reply some dont , ive offered to work for free but doesnt seem to work atm ,problem is my nvq workbase evidence etc. got a few things left to do so really just been tryin to get a few days with some one, in order to finish that :)

i will keep at it , but thanks for that , most of the replys to this forum werent much help, most were critising me :/ but cheers :D

suopergas

erm yep my cv is up to date , and i send letters out and ring plumbers daily , some reply some dont , ive offered to work for free but doesnt seem to work atm ,problem is my nvq workbase evidence etc. got a few things left to do so really just been tryin to get a few days with some one, in order to finish that :)

i will keep at it , but thanks for that , most of the replys to this forum werent much help, most were critising me :/ but cheers :D

When posting on here you are addressing potential employers and you should realise that and be careful to ensure that you make a good impression.

That bit I have copied above makes you look slapdash, lazy and perhaps totally unable to write properly.

Thats NOT the way to go about applying for a job, paid or unpaid!

If anyone approaches me and can talk intelligently then its very likely that I will be able to offer them unpaid work experience. In one or two cases I have even offered them free accommodation in London!

Tony

suopergas

When posting on here you are addressing potential employers and you should realise that and be careful to ensure that you make a good impression.

That bit I have copied above makes you look slapdash, lazy and perhaps totally unable to write properly.

Thats NOT the way to go about applying for a job, paid or unpaid!

If anyone approaches me and can talk intelligently then its very likely that I will be able to offer them unpaid work experience. In one or two cases I have even offered them free accommodation in London!

Tony

I have found this topic highly amusing.
I am the most common, muckiest mouthed individual god ever put on earth between the hours of 6pm till 8am and then work mode kicks in. My boss who thinks this is the greatest thing ever even puts the letters received by customers praising my manners and punctuality (and i get a few) on the notice board for others to mock.
Everyone has a work head and text speak is how the young folk type nowadays, does not make them any less of a gas engineer/plumber just means they use text speak.
10/15 years ago we would not be having this conversation over t interweb and if we were we would all be slagging of the Devil Product which was the Combi boiler, things change and times change give the kid a break.
Stick in there mate and if your good at what you do and are dedicated someone will give you a chance just dont text speak in an interview for Gods sake (LOL).
By the way Agile are you saying if you were looking to employ and an Engineer with a beard showed for an interview you would dismiss him on that alone? Surely not!!!

Im an idiot. :D
At least he managed to get the correct words in place and he is proactively looking for work.
I have very little time for people who have 'Internet speak'. Its lazy and an insult.
he internet is full of shorthand and I don't imagine for a second that he would use it in a formal quote.
Show me an example.
I am critical. Thats why Im successfull.

I am no child. I have a family to support. Your comment may be based on your immaturity?

Paul.

Im an idiot. :D
I have very little time for people who have 'Internet speak'. Its lazy and an insult. Yet Smilies are acceptable?
he internet is full of shorthand and I don't imagine for a second that he would use it in a formal quote.
Show me an example. Why he is only akid and that is how they talk on both internet and phone now!!
I am critical. Thats why Im successfull. And one day hopefully we all will be but till then stop being so big headed, if you are actually from Glasgow (im from Bellshill) then no doubt you speak like a sailor in your own time a have no right to be critical, also your religous and Footballing point of veiws (and if you are from glasgow you have them) would be frowned apon by many if not the majority.

I am no child. I have a family to support. Your comment may be based on your immaturity?
Many of us if not all have Family and the young man in questionis trying to make his way in th best way he knows how!!

Paul.

and your point?

Add your comment to a post. :eek: :confused:

What has that got to do with this discussion. Are you p i ssed im successful?

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back