Plumbing c&g level2&3 advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, as you can see am new to this forum and would like to say i am impressed with the amount of info that is on here espesially on this area.

Ok here is the situation, i am 24 and just about to start my training in collage starting off with the level 2 c&g 6129 which is an evening course over a period of two years, once i have completed this i will be moving on to do the level 3, i know some of you will prob say "your 24, why you getting into this trade now why didnt you take it up when you left school" which is a good point but i dont know anyone when i was 16 who knew what they wanted to do, other than the ones with parents in the perticular area of work, in my case i moved from job to job untill i was 18 where i got a job in a paper mill and did 4 years untill they got made bankrupt which was last year, and i have found it next to impossible to get back into that area of work only due to the fact that over 300 men with 20 years plus where taking up all jobs in and out of the uk in the paper industry. Anyway ill stop rambling on now lol, i have choosen to take up this trade because i want a job for life with prospects of having my own buissnes once i have gained all the qualifications and experience needed to do so and obviosly am not expecting this to happen over night or near near future but my aim is to get own buissness started up within 15 - 20 years only because i dont want to be one of those cowboys everyone hears about i want to become an established professional in this industry.

Now that i have given you a book to read there lol ( thats only because i dont want everyone on here to think am going down this route for the fast buck and to show that i am serious about this change and looking for serious advice) l am just looking for some advise on how to get onto a work experience with a company so can work and build up a working portfolio to go towards NVQ level 2 & 3 and ACS and when is the best time to start asking weather its at the start of the course or weather its when i have fiished the level 2 c&g so please a nice point in the right direction would be nice.

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
There are so many new threads starting every week that I suggest that you read some of them first.

Are you sure you go to a "collage" ?

I would be reluctant to take on anyone who writes "i do this and i do that"! What kind of image would that gove to my customers?

Tony

Hi tony

Yeah i start the course at thd start of next month, its the west cheshire collage chester campus.

I have only read through one or two topics regarding work experience and working fir free ect, but they all seemed to be shot down and am sure everyone has their reasons for doing so as its their lively hood they are risking by taking on people with little or no experience which is fair enough, thats why i thought ill put up my topic so i could put my story out as i want to show how keen i am to make this trade my life to get some positve feed back n not get shot down lol so thats why am only askin for advice or a point in the right direction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back