Plumbing Courses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone personally recommend a fast track plumbing course.If so which one?

Sponsored Links
Most professionals would not recommend ANY fast track study at all. The only way to become competent is by lots of practical experience under the guidance of a VERY good plumber.

The only recognised course is the NVQ2 + 3. NONE of the others!

My view is that even the NVQ2 is pretty useless as much of what it covers is not relevant like lead work and screwed mild steel. It does not cover clearing blocked drains or electrics at all.

Tony Glazier

Agile said:
My view is that the NVQ2 is pretty useless as much of what it covers is not relevant like lead work and screwed mild steel. It does not cover clearing blocked drains or electrics at all.

Tony Glazier

Absolutely.

I've just passed my NVQ 2 +3 and have been very disappointed with the syllabus. :(

I learned a lot more when I was working as a plumbers mate.

Way to go is with a plumber.

These fast track schemes are there to relieve mugs out of their hard earned cash. Learning plumbing in 1 month or so will not give you the experience to go out there and earn a living. :(

You can do a fast track NVQ level in 12 months, however, this will only get you a certificate to say you have done this basic course. It`s not a waste of time, if you have no plumbing experience whatsoever though, because it will show you have made the effort to bother your arse to attend college & try & gain a recognised qualification. If you are doing this under your own steam, probably for 2 days a week full time, then a kindly plumber or company, may look favourably on you, & take you on for the rest of the week, or maybe a coupla days. That`s probably the only way to get a foot in the door, but remember......NVQ means....Not Very Qualified!!... :D .... but best way ;) ;) ( ps. don`t bother trying to do one over internet or whatever.. they`re a scam as has been rightly pointed out) :cry:

Sponsored Links
traineegasman said:
You can do a fast track NVQ level in 12 months, however, this will only get you a certificate to say you have done this basic course. It`s not a waste of time, if you have no plumbing experience whatsoever though, because it will show you have made the effort to bother your a**e to attend college & try & gain a recognised qualification. If you are doing this under your own steam, probably for 2 days a week full time, then a kindly plumber or company, may look favourably on you, & take you on for the rest of the week, or maybe a coupla days. That`s probably the only way to get a foot in the door, but remember......NVQ means....Not Very Qualified!!... :D .... but best way ;) ;) ( ps. don`t bother trying to do one over internet or whatever.. they`re a scam as has been rightly pointed out) :cry:

come on millan

Hey, MOD, go & pick on someone else....... :cry: :cry:

MOD

nobody is picking on you tgm

we had enough slanging matches at the weekend ;)

images

jimdoodson said:
Can anyone personally recommend a fast track plumbing course.If so which one?
I have no idea about this one but it's in most newspapers,

Plumbing Courses,

Beginners & Advanced home-study courses,

NVQ/City & Guilds qualification,

Flexible - you can fit your course around your existing job and family commitments,

You can enrol straight away,

Full tutor support by e-mail, phone or post,

0800 328 4163 or e-mail cc@ olciplumbing.info

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back