Plumbing in a dishwasher..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it advisable to plumb in a dishwasher waste pipe without connecting to a trap. Could I seal the entry point to stop smells etc?

I have to extend the dishwasher waste pipe by about 4 feet in order for it to drain into the sink trap. Unfortunately the 4 feet extension will only have a shallow gradient to the connection at the trap. Do you think that this will be a problem drainage wise. Will water flow back into the dishwasher??

I have a similar problem with the cold water feed and have to piece in a T fitting to the existing cold water pipe and run off a 3/4 tap. Can I connect a rubber washing machine hose from the 3/4 tap to the feed on the dishwasher.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
willisthm said:
Is it advisable to plumb in a dishwasher waste pipe without connecting to a trap.
No.

willisthm said:
Could I seal the entry point to stop smells etc?
Do you have a better method than a water seal in a trap?

willisthm said:
I have to extend the dishwasher waste pipe by about 4 feet in order for it to drain into the sink trap.
Are you using a stand pipe? If not then is there is a reason why you're not?

willisthm said:
Unfortunately the 4 feet extension will only have a shallow gradient to the connection at the trap. Do you think that this will be a problem drainage wise. Will water flow back into the dishwasher??
It all depends what you mean by shallow.

willisthm said:
I have a similar problem with the cold water feed and have to piece in a T fitting to the existing cold water pipe and run off a 3/4 tap. Can I connect a rubber washing machine hose from the 3/4 tap to the feed on the dishwasher.
If I understand you correctly, then this is the normal method of connecting a dishwasher, so it makes me wonder if I have understood. But I can't think what else you might mean!

Thanks[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back