Plumbing in a Hotpoint Aquarius FDW60G Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

i've just bought the above dishwasher and was wondering if someone can take me through the process of plumbing it in.
My house is only 3 years old and in the kitchen there is a space for a dishwasher including a power point but there is no plumbing there.
Now the dishwasher will be around 2meters away from the sink as the kitchen is an L shape but looking at the sink trap there looks to be a spare outlet for dishwasher. The other one is currently occupied by the washing machine waste pipe.

Also does a dishwasher use cold feed only????

Anyway if somebody can help me out and tell me what i would need then that would be much appreciated.

I can provide some pics of the kitchen and under sink if all this doesn't make sense :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks

Kris :D :D

Sponsored Links
Our machine uses a cold water supply only.
You shoud be OK using your spare waste adaptor. If you are a bit short on hose length you could extend it with another hose and a male/male adaptor sold by most of the sheds. Had to extend both feed and drain from ours, otherwise we couldn't hook everything up without placing it in it's final position, which meant we couldn't get to the pipes to hook the thing up because the machine was in the way :(
I think the manual recommends the waste pipe runs upwards to a minimum height of 800mm before the connection to the drain.
Don't forget to tighten the hose clips on the waste pipe, or things could get very messy very quickly...... Dont ask :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back