Plumbing in a gas cooker

I

imamartian

is it easy? (one nut?) would it be illegal if i did it myself? (obviously not corgi reg).

Sponsored Links
Under the gsr you are permitted to release the self closing bayonet fitting on the back of the cooker. This does not however permit you to connect the hose to the cooker, fit the bayonet fitting or undertake any other gas pipe work to the cooker.

gsr? (i'll google it)
so who would know if i did it myself? they haven't changed the colour of any fittings have they? so my HIP won't need updating?

Sponsored Links
Actually yes it would as they (solicitors/evaluators etc) would look for the corrisponding registration certificate, same as boilers, fires, electrics, damp proofing etc.

gsr? (i'll google it)
so who would know if i did it myself? they haven't changed the colour of any fittings have they? so my HIP won't need updating?

try Gsiur :idea:

nogoodatfaultfinding said:
Actually yes it would as they (solicitors/evaluators etc) would look for the corrisponding registration certificate, same as boilers, fires, electrics, damp proofing etc.

why you don't have to notify cookers :idea:

how would 'they' know if it was a 4yr old (not much used) cooker, or in for a year, and well used?

NO you need to use a seler gas p.t.f.e. or blue paste
how many times do we read in the paper about explosions due to bad fittings.
If you do do and so poor you cant afford a few quid for it to be done saftly then buy a tin of gas leak detector ;)

you right but its hard to stop these idiots that are trying to save a few quid and puting themselfs and family at risk..

Bet hes the type to get in the car and drive after 8 pints to save on a cab fair :rolleyes:

kevplumb...i agree.
gasandoilman, thanks for the first comment. But second comment... were you suggesting i would drive after 8 pints to save a cab fare? or am i missing a generic comment?
Chrisj78 i am not a sap contractor (£600 per day), i work for a local firm with 'normal' payscales - normal as in less than your average plumber!

i've been quoted £55 to tighten up my cooker brass fitting with blue ptfe tape

Gas is nothing to be afraid of... if you follow some rules and can make a reliable joint(not the cannabis variety).
I think the diy'ers who come on here asking how to do it at least have a shred of responsibility and are probably going to do it safely or not at all.
But then there are those people I have seen who will connect new cookers by just threading the hose union onto the cooker gas inlet,no paste/tape or anything. They don't have a clue,they couldn't care less about whether it's right or wrong ,tight or not. As far as they are concerned you just 'thread it on'. THEY are the real muppets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back