Plumbing queries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a spark who needs a bit of advice from a plumber (why don't plumbers have a nickname?).

1) I have to install an air admittance valve (durgo) in my bathroom (building control insisted on it!). Some books have informed me that the height of the valve should be directly above the w.c. pan outlet and others have said it must be above 'flood level' whatever that means. Anybody throw some light on this?

2) How do you install a draincock on 15mm pipe? The draincock obviously must tee into the pipe but how is this done? Is there a 15mm tee compession fitting with draincock fitted? Or do you solder it in. I have purchased a draincock but how it fits into the existing 15mm pipe is beyond me.

thanks in advance

Scott

Sponsored Links
1. some builing inspectors ask for the durgo to be fitted 1m above highest trap.(basin) 2. tighten a drain off into tee.(no solering) but they do mke compression tees with drain offs built in.

durgo.gif

;)

I like your drg. kevplumb ! Shouldn't the AAV be above the highest overflow, which is probably the overflow on the WHB ?

Ahh I see fitz1 has already said that !! :oops:

Sponsored Links
basin will be flood level IF the wc is blocked and the bath -and the WC downstairs on the same stack are all blocked:LOL: :LOL: and the kichen sink

If you don't ask you never learn. Trouble is when you do, you get conflicting advice! ....
Lots of stuff around
here
, and see the Bullindg Regulations which are on line. Bt if your particuular inspector wants to make his own rules you have to go with them, pretty much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back