Plumbing work on Christmas day?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An ex-trainee works for a ( Jewish ) Iranian firm and guess what? He is installing a boiler and three rads today!

I expect the Polish are also working over the holiday too.

The HSE makes it easy for them by giving them advice in their own language here:-

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/polish/indg238.pdf

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony,

This was a press release last week:

The Home Office alone spends an estimated £50 million a year on translation and interpretation. However, Applied Language Solutions, a UK based translation agency who work closely with Government, argue that the estimated figure for translation and interpretation services to the UK Government is greatly underestimated, and that the actual cost is likely to be as high as £500 Million.

Kinda makes the blood boil!

Personally I haven't got a problem with folk working the festive season but this 'interpretation' thing is 'weeing' me right off!!! Sorry for shouting but... LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!! But obviously, that makes me a xenophobe and a Racist!!!

Blasphemous said:
Personally I haven't got a problem with folk working the festive season but this 'interpretation' thing is 'weeing' me right off!!! Sorry for shouting but... LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!! But obviously, that makes me a Zenophobe and a Racist!!!
If we go on holiday to spain, we expect the hotel staff to be able to speak english, if only pigeon english, just to "get by". However, I would never dream of moving to a country whose native language I didn't know. It would be considered rude of us to do so, so why do we let all these people in and pander to their every translation whim? I'm not a racist or a xenophobe, but if its costing so much, why do it? It would probably cost less to TEACH them all english!

crafty1289 said:
.......... so why do we let all these people in .......

Because not enough people here want to get their hands dirty, and because of that, there is an opportunity for greedy employers to employ them on the cheap until they find they can't live here on £3 or £4 pounds an hour.

Sponsored Links
I didnt whack a boiler in but did attend three breakdowns, wow the amount of mince pies I have eaten???

Felt good, the people were really happy to see me

:)

Just call me Captain Christmas

So now we know, it was corgiman who ate all the pies! :LOL:

For your services above and beyond the call of duty corgiman you are here by promoted to the rank of...

Major Christmas

Although Captain Christmas did have a much better ring to it!...

hmmm, for the sake of how it sounds... You are here by Demoted back to Captain! :eek:

I only wish I could lose weight as quick!!!

Fair play to those that work over xmas . Personally can`t be ar@d with the hassle of it so finished on the 22nd an intend to go back on 8th.. But all depends on how good looking the customer is ;)

namsag said:
Fair play to those that work over xmas . Personally can`t be ar@d with the hassle of it so finished on the 22nd an intend to go back on 8th.. But all depends on how good looking the customer is ;)

Or how low the bank balance is. :LOL:

Markie thats what the wife is for, will throw her ar~e out of bed in the morning and tell her time for work.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

markie said:
namsag said:

Or how low the bank balance is. :LOL:

I owe I owe so off to work I go

I always have waaay too much month left at the end of the money ;)

Or other option is to come out of that tax club thing and not pay them at the end of next month. As they are slightly less frightening than the wife. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back