Plume management kits.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which manufacturers have the plume management kits? I know Glowworm do but is there more.

Sponsored Links
Also Vaillant (who own Glow Worm). Otherwise there are boilers that have twin pipe flues/air intakes that can be run and terminated in a flexible way - effectively the same as a plume management kit - most obviously Keston but probably many more.

Halstead but they're very expensive, Worcs were due January so should be with us soon...

Last we heard about Worcester was that they are due out the end of this month.

Sponsored Links
the bore said:
Keston ....dont go there
Why? What's wrong with Keston (apart from crappy suppport bracket, noisy ignition, feeble condensate trap, leaky flue pipe, etc.)?

Why? What's wrong with Keston (apart from rubbishy suppport bracket, noisy ignition, feeble condensate trap, leaky flue pipe, etc.)?
Leaky pump valves, leaky aav, and the leaks.
At least the isolating valves don't leak, when they don't provide any...

ChrisR said:
At least the isolating valves don't leak, when they don't provide any...
And you can't fault their expansion vessels, pressure gauges and PRVs!

But I'm actually rather fond of them, despite their faults. I suppose it's because they're a bit idiosyncratic, like me.

A word of warning from an installer, if you have to call out Keston service engineers (which you will trust me) then make sure the customer dosnt miss the appointment, mine did & Keston kindly sent me a bill for £82-25 call out charge, so i sent them an invoice for the several in warrenty visits i made to repair there crappy boilers.
Up until about a year ago Keston boilers wernt to bad, but recently i have has a lot of problems with faulty ignition & very noisy burners, i will not be installing any more despite the flexibe flue system.

PS. if your reading this Keston then start looking after the installers, no installers = no Keston

Rant over!!!!!

Probably because they are now owned by Ideal for about the last year :rolleyes:

Broag also do a plume management kit.

hopefully all the posters are aware of you twos ideas

seeing as this post was placed TWO years ago

:rolleyes:
:LOL: :LOL:

gas4you said:
That would make it 2008 now corgi! You been on the ciders :LOL:

DOH

I saw 05 it was the month NOT the year

anyway it could be 08 as I am feeling very very Zen and very very very very ****t

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back