pocket doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are looking at installing a pocket door but can't find any info on them.
I have discovered a few retailers where I can purchase them from and will most likely buy from Eclisse.

What I would really like to know is if any one has one? Are there any problems with them? Anything to be aware of?

They seem like an ideal solution but I have found that most people haven't heard of them and those that have are sceptical despite having no experience of them.

Many thanks in advance

Rose

Sponsored Links
Pocket doors are best installed in timber frame/studding walls. What are you proposing?

Retro fitting PD's can be a difficult business - and dealing with repairs can be a nightmare to a tradesperson, never mind a DIY'er.

Retro PD's in internal masonry walls require a lintel over, a knock thro & a bit of split studding.

What some call PD's are merely sliding doors, often installed in bathrooms for example. These are straight forward installations.

I've just checked the Eclisse PD site and they do indeed require a stud wall. Plus, they have a custom metal framework for a pocket. By and large, this is not DIY work.

But FWIW, you could save money, & make the door and rails stand alone without the rest of the kit.
Lots of possible frustration. I hate them.

Hi, we are wondering whether to get an Eclisse pocket door or another by another manufacturer - the Coburn Hideaway which is half the price.

What did you get in the end? Any problems?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back