Pointing Question

Sponsored Links
You'll always use more than you think - just get a bag of cement and a bag of red sand.

Not if he wasn't going to use it all. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Just had a first attempt at a bit of pointing, it`s not as easy as it looks is it?

Anyway I took a picture of what I`d done and I thought I`d post it on here and see what you experts think

imageicn.jpg

I take it you mean one of these

89bb008794d4f053fcc052eab4da085b.jpg

I`ve got to do down the side of the house on the left of that picture, so i`ll do the corners then, I just had a go at that little area beside the door just to see if I could do it without making it a mess. It actually got a bit easier once I`d got the hang of forcing the mortar into the joints

No, no, no. those are the worst ones and should be flung back into the channel they came across

Those ones form a V shape rather than a proper half rounded joint

Get a proper Marshalltown jointer, or for a small job like this use some 22mm copper pipe

He's already got the jointer woody, I think he's just using that picture to confirm what I meant by the term jointer.

Oh OK. I was just seeing red at the mere sight of one of those things :evil:

Better off with a little pointing trowel.

Right the another question, I`ve raked the joints out with a mortar raking disc in the angle grinder, al exept the damp course level which appears to be slate, I`m a bit wary of charging in with the disc in case I damage the slate, any suggestions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back