chambsesf said:
nstreet said:
Police + 160mph = no conviction.

Joe Public @ 32 mph = 3 points + £40

I thought it was £60??

I'm a good boy, never been caught, so I didn't really know. :oops:

Joe Public @ 32 mph = 3 points + £60!!

Sponsored Links
160mph if he hit anyone who was legally doing 70mph the contact speed would be 90mph :eek: :eek: but a car doing 32 would hit a car doing 30 mph would be only 2mph .i thought it was all about saftey.

He was 'practising' his high speed persuit allegedly; Shame they don't practise arresting people who commit crimes and succesfully prosecuting them.

It's scary though, if you think it takes almost a second to react to an unforseen incident and then more time to actually do something about it, how much ground would he cover at that speed. The stopping distance alone is 1/4 of a mile?

Testing - on the highway ? Check your motor insurance ... deffo not normally allowed .. Who picks up the tab when it all goes t its up ...

Then, when the choir boyz meet he would have the movie to indicate the size of his .. bone / or brain (if he had one) ?
From the Times :-
0,,200596,00.jpg

Just read this bit ".... deserted roads in THE EARLY HOURS LAST DECEMBER (Dec 5 th 2004 .. Sunrise 07:49 from Almanac) ten to eight for heavens sake, he was driving in the dark !!!! 'Cause roads ain't deserted at 7-30am and that ain't 'early hours' either !!

Pipme Adjusted after noting date at 5th not 15th
:D :D :D :D :D

Is this the same policeman as in this post?

Or are we being struck by a plague of 160mph police cars right now?

Having had a pop, I must point out the Judge's remarks hidden in the headline grabbing text ....
.... "I cannot help but see the irony that those that brought this prosecution are those very people who have purchased cars that go at this speed and paid for him (the defendant) to go to learn to drive at these speeds."............ The district judge expressed deep concern at the West Mercia force's "total lack of policy, on when and where police drivers should practise driving at very high speeds. The policy amounted to no more than one of "do your own thing".

The 'lack of policy' is what got him off, I am sure he would have argued his job was "to learn to drive like fk, anywhere and everywhere" as far as his own (lack of) intelligence lead him.. No numbers to 'act by' ...

:D :D

But you've got to laugh at him being recorded on the video camera equipment in his own car, and then someone deciding to prosecute him for it afterwards.

I report I read said he was the creme de la creme, which I have no doubt he is, so he must have be responsible enough to only go that speed with no-one else around, which in my book, is acceptable.

I don't have any sympathy for speeding where you are likely to come across other people and cars - and take a very dim view of people doing 35mph+ in a 30mph zone.

take a very dim view of people doing 35mph+ in a 30mph zone

Yes, I hate that too... unless they are "honing their skills" in case they enter a 40mph zone.

I'm thinking of going to Germany... I best start honing my autobahn skills on the A1. OK, so there is no need to drive at 100+, and I'm not legally allowed to do it, but there is no need for a police driver to go at 159 when it ISN'T an emergency, and when he isn't legally allowed to do it. :rolleyes: What if he had killed someone? It happens.

Let's face it, he wasn't "honing his skills", he was given a 250bhp toy and decided to see what it could do. We would all want to do the same, difference is if Joe Public did it he might as well pre-lube himself before he sets out, so when the legal system catches up and a*s-r*pes him it doesn't hurt so much.

_41159569_milton203.jpg

Why do police drivers of seniority always have THAT moustache?

Just wondering, the standard Vectra GSi does something like 153mph. I would imagine it takes a bit of a run-up too. So, unless the Police version has been fitted with a supercharger, nitrous or been otherwise fettled, I find it highly unlikely he could wind it up to 159 without driving for several miles with his foot flat on the floor.

And how many situations in the whole history of the British Police have required driving at 159mph?

The court heard the roads on which Pc Milton drove were deserted at the time of the patrol and that driving conditions were good.

so its alright to do 159MPH as long as the roads are quiet. bullshit.

So what is the braking distance for 159mph?

150, 200 yards???? if so, he wouldn't be able to see to stop in time surely???

Sponsored Links
Back