Polish Hep2o?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just removed some plastic pipe from a heating system, bearing the following markings:

KIWA PB 70°C / 1MPa POLSKA INSTAL AT 90-01-0477

There's no EVOH barrier, and it has the colour and insertion depth markings of Hep2o pipe, but doesn't say "Hepworth" on it.

Has anyone come across this product before?

Sponsored Links
I have half a roll of this left- got it from BES. I ordered Hep20 standard pipe-this is what I got-it was packaged as Hep20 so had no reason to think it was anything else.
Though I did wonder about the Polish ,same as you did.

Sponsored Links
Yes it was dumb of me not to Google the KIWA string on its own, but doing so now reveals that it appears to be a certifying body (rather than a pipe manufacturer).

So, one could that guess "KIWA PB 70°C / 1MPa" means that some formal testing of some polybutylene pipe has certified the upper operational limits of temperature and pressure.

This, at least, might indicate that it's not some cheap knock-off, but might also indicate that it's entirely unsuitable for a heating circuit that could contain water at 75-80°C, notwithstanding the fact that it has no EVOH barrier.

I'm still curious about the apparent Polish reference....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back