Polished / Venetian Plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, more out of general interest than anything at this stage. I've done a plastering course myself and done a few rooms, people have commented on the good finish so I must be doing something right! I've got a bathroom to do and was wondering about Polished Plastering vs Tiling.

Has anyone got any experience of Polished Plastering?
o How difficult?
o What's involved?
o Is the material expensive?

Any comments welcome.

Cheers

:D

Sponsored Links
I love the look of the finish, what I really need to know is how easy/hard this is today and is it expensive?

If anyone has had any experience of Venetian plastering please let me know.

:)

Its not something you can do straight off the cuff without being taught, Have not done any myself but am planning on doing a weeks course in Dublin as soon as I find the time, they do this course along with accomodation for anyone coming over from the U.K. can dig out the details if you are intrested. Big money to be made out of it also :D

Sponsored Links
Cheers, I noticed there's a few places near me that also do it. I'm not in the trade so not sure if I can justify the expense of the course just to do one room in my house. I've done a couple of plastering courses at a local college and managed to skim a few rooms, so got my money back on those already. When you say there's money in it, how much?! ... have you any ideas on what plasterers charge to do this style? - Just purely interested as I've got quite a good office job which is driving me mad but well paid (so my heads in the grass is greener/office life is dull but pays the big mortgage phase!).

I noticed Gold Trowel do a course and also have a DVD ...

http://www.goldtrowel.org/venetian-plaster.htm
http://www.venetian-plastering.com/

Might be worth a £20 investment before going further. The way I look at, if I don't do the venetian in my bathroom I'll tile it and that is going to cost an arm and a leg. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back