Polyplumb fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have plumbed in the kitchen sink and waste disposal today and i must say it looks very neat, i have a problem with one of the 90deg elbows it is leaking ever so slowly about a drip every 20mins, the elbow is very awkward to get to but i made sure the pipe went all the way in, i have removed it once and used another elbow, but am having the same problem, i know you cant use jointing compound on plastic, is there anything else i can use, i don't know why its causing me problems?

Thanks Ian

Sponsored Links
even if the elbow is correctly fitted polyplumb tend to leak if the bend has any strain on it i have found these a few times you may of slightly cut the oring when inserting the pipe did you wet the oring first?

Sponsored Links
Thanks

I think it may be because there is some strain on it, as its pulling slightly against the fitting, its all rather tight but may need to make the hole bigger that the pipe goes through.... its such a pain when you have done all that work and you end up with one connector thats not going right, the rest is copper, no problems there......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back