polyplumb fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am connecting a new radiator to my CH heating system using polyplumb pipes and fittings. (the rest of the system uses the same)

I made one connection just to make sure i could do it properly - what I found is that when I made a connection with 22mm pipe it was very rigid and had no pull back, but when I made a connection with 15mm pipe it easily rotates in the joint and also can pull out very slightly (about 1mm - maybe not even that much) and can be pushed back in.

Is this normal for the 15mm pipe or is this just a bad joint??

Sponsored Links
Is the compression nut tight? Have you used inserts?

Polyplumb has a ring of metal teeth in the fitting which grip the pipe, be very suprised to get any movement.

Thanks for the advice
I'm using inserts.... they are fresh joints straight from the packets - compression nuts are tight and they look like all the parts are there - maybe just a faulty joint???

I gave the joints a really good tug :-
>>the 15mm joint will not pull out any further and I marked the pipe at 27mm and it looks to be all the way in the joint but as I said it easily rotates and the pipe can be pushed in and out by around 1mm

Sponsored Links
If in any doubt, get rid of the fitting, replace the pipe and use new bits....piece of mind and not having water running throughout your house will make it worthwhile!

Try to pull the pipe from the fitting, if you can't then the water won't either. Thats not say it will be water tight though, its the rubber that does that part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back