polystyrene veneer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am planning to put a 2mm polystyrene veneer up on the interior walls of a couple of rooms in my house, before I hang wallpaper.
Do I hang the polystyrene horizontally or vertically, any other useful pointers would be helpful.
Thanks
mr bean

Sponsored Links
it is prone to denting if knocked or touched, and the wallpaper over it will easily tear and leave a big gaping hole.

I have been quite pleased with it on ceilings to cover cracked plaster, it is very easy to put up there as it does not flop.

If you are thinking it will give insulation, it is so thin that it makes little difference.

As John says its a pig to put up..I would use ready mixed paste for it as it has more initial 'stick'

And again as John says its prone to bumps etc..if you put it striaght under an ordinary paper and press the wall or knock the wall it will leave a dent...or worse still, rip.

The other problem you may have is the joints in your finish paper will shirk slightly becasue it cant get a good grip on the polysterene stuff as its drying...so, youll need to line the walls after you put the polysterene up, this will also help 'harden' the surface in general,..giving you a little more protection against dents.

Remember...paste the wall not the polysterene itself.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back