Pond turmoil - help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I recently had a crack at building a water feature. A rectangular, above ground pond (6' by 3') with a wall up the back with a blade, waterfall fountain.

The problem is this.....

The outside wall is a brick skin which is slightly higher than the internal block skin. Over the edges of the blocks are draped the underlay and pond fabric.

The inner layer is still slightly lower than the outer brick skin with the fabric laid over it....How can I level them up so I can lay the travertine stone edging down flat across both the brick and liner?

I'm stumped...I did think of trying to board up the inside of the pool and then pour self leveling cement mix around the edge...but because the liner and underlay are flexible...I thought this might just crack when weight was applied...

Need help....it's driving me nuts.

many thanks for sane advice in advance : )

Sponsored Links
what kind of thickness are we talking? less than a brick worth obviously or you'r just take a brick off the outside..

just use a thicker mortar bed on the block side than the brick side.

or take the top row of bricks off and rent a brick saw and cut them down to size..

could it be that simple?....Maybe I'm trying to overthink this, and in the process...being a muppet. I think you could be right. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back