Pop-up waste (of space)

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
what a splendid site this is!

I have a leaking pop-up waste, which having looked at some other posts seems to be quite usual.

It is of course tucked away out of sight, I have been able to get a couple of fingers to it and it seems to be dripping from the knurled screw-on ring that a horizontal rod goes into to lift/lower the plug.

I doubt I will be able to get at it without demounting the bidet, luckily I specified flexible braided tap connectors though the waste looks to be solvent-welded so I suppose I will have to cut it.

I don't want to ever take it out a second time, why do these things leak and can I reliably fix it? Would it be less trouble to fit a new waste with a plug?

Sponsored Links
less trouble to get rid of ur biddet......what u use it for ?

JohnD. By the sounds of it you must have a massive rambling mansion. I don't know how you find time to post on this forum. Every day you seem to have some sort of a problem or need advice on how to do things. Are you running a hotel, the list of jobs you have to do keeps getting longer. Good luck I'm sure you will get on top of things in the end.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: not at all! just got behind on a couple of things I don't know how to do! :LOL:

You're right, I'm wasting my time on here to avoid getting round to them! :cry:

You need to adjust the ball which covers the hole by moving it along on the rod until you get a seal.
Not done one on a bidet but assume it is the same as a basin. :D

Bahco said:
You need to adjust the ball which covers the hole by moving it along on the rod until you get a seal.
Not done one on a bidet but assume it is the same as a basin. :D
Ball, Rod :?: , Get on your knees, it`s lower than a basin ,otherwise the same.smear the ball with lsx,or ky whichever is to hand

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back