Pop up Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plumber having problems fitting two pop up wastes in kitchen and bath. When full of water the waste won\\\'t stay up to empty. The water pressure keeps pushing it down. The operating dials feel loose to me, but he says he has tightened them as much as poss. He has adjusted the nut under the plug, but nothing seems to work. Anyone know what we can do please... :confused:

Sponsored Links
new pop up waste? what did the plumber suggest to you? have you checked yourself how tight the nut is on the waste?

can you lift the plug out when you press down the lever to lift the plug?

Thanks for reply. Yes we have checked the nut, it is tight. But the 'knobs' that operate the waste feel kind of loose. Dont feel like they are clicking in properly when opening, sort of spongy. It only takes a little pressure for the plug to go back down again. Plumber said the only 'adjustment' is that nut thing on the plug. But it seems odd that both of the ones he has fitted are like it. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yes we can lift the plug out. Thats the only way I can empty the sink or the bath unless I stand there holding the pop up in the open position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back