poratble electric heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
do any of you have any recomendations as to what the best kind of heaters are?

i have wall mounted heaters in the living room which are pretty poor. im looking to buy another heat source... possibly an oil filled thingy.

what, in your opinion, are the best kind of heaters for efficiency/cost?

cheers

Sponsored Links
I am a fan of oil filled rads.

I have a "panel heater" - a flat metal case on a wall, with a thin element running around inside it, 250w. You can hardly feel the heat coming off it.

I also have an oil rad, that I only ever run at 400w, and it kicks out a hell of a lot of heat. It can go up to 1kw, but it doesn't need to. (its used as supplementary heat in a bedroom with a bay window - condensation and heat loss).

Benefits of oil rads are numerous. Efficient, silent, dont smell of burning dust, dont set fire to things, need i go on. Buy a small one (1kw) and it is fairly lightweight and portable.

The on-board thermostats are hopeless. Get a plug-in stat if you need to.

The wall mounted heaters you have, are they storage heaters? Are they set up correctly?

cheers, nice reply.

oil ones it is then.

the heaters on the walls sound like the ones you have, they arent storage heaters. the heat it gives out is rubbish... unless yr standing next to it. i have one in the bedroom thats much better - but that is twice as thick.

im not used to electric heating - this is my first flat. my parents flat was all gas... nice and toasty!

cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back