porch/veranda floor spec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am in the process of renovating a edwardian house with a open porch/veranda , there is a roof but the floor area is partially open to the elements. i have taken up the old quarry tiles and found the concrete floor to be full of damp with some voids so i have removed that as well. i now need to lay a new concrete floor again and plan to relay the old tiles as they have come up quite clean and i am trying to keep with the original features as much as possible . question is do i need to put in some kind of dpc to stop the rising damp or is this pointless with the rain etc which will fall on it . i am also planning on putting some kind of water gulley combined with a fall in the floor level to stop standing water on the tiles. any ideas please

Sponsored Links
A DPM is pointless in an exposed porch. In any case the quarry tiles act as a DPM

Can't you just slightly angle the floor so that water is cast off outwards from the porch, rather than to a gully?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back