Position of connection unit for cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a new cooker unit with hob and single electric fan oven. I need to run the cables behind the base unit, but the back of the unit sits tight against the wall, and there's no space behind the cooker, so can the connection units be positioned under the base unit? Can't put them in adjoining units as these have drawers.

Sponsored Links
You need to have it accessible in order to connect the cooker & for future maintenance, so as long have you have access( even if that means cutting a hole in the base of the unit) then yes you can site it underneath, but it needs to be securely fixed to the wall or floor. Are you sure your oven will be properly protected by a suitably rated over current device if connected to a cooker switch. What is the rating of the oven?

And don't forget your responsibilities under Part P of the Building Regulations.

Sponsored Links
I'm not doing the connections myself, just want to run the cable so I can get on with fitting the units while waiting for the electrician. Thanks for your help.

There is no point in running cables if you have not established the correct method of protection & connection, but your electrician will rip it out again if you are wrong. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back