Position of control unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to have a new kitchen installed. That will result in the halogen hob and oven being repositioned. The current position of the control unit (separate switched, wired connection to hob, combined with standard switched socket in a 14.5cmx10.5cm flush mount MK unit) will be immediately behind the knobs at the side of the hob. The kitchen installer has advised that the socket will require moving, but the feed and box are chased into the wall, which is tiled. Moving the control unit will be a major hassle. If it has to move, I don't want to move it any further than necessary.

Given that the closest heating zone is 165mm in diameter, and will be centred 20cm forward from the wall, and 16cm laterally offset from the closest edge of the control unit, what is the mionimum distance I can get away with moving it?

Sponsored Links
Edited to say what I originally intended - did not expect to be able to mod the post after submitting it. Thx for letting me know.

edit key suggests it can also be used to delete a post. If I knew how I'd now delete this follow-on
-------------------------------------
lynda, moderator

you can use the
icon_edit.gif
button

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back