Position of DW booster pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have slight dilemma, i wish to boost my DHW and Cold water through out the house, I am looking at the Grundfos UPA 15-90. the specs tell me that i need a min of 2m head/02bar, i have no problem with the cold but the DHW i am not sure were to postion the pump so i achieve the min head.

Any sugestions???????

Sponsored Links
Is your property two storey or bungalow. Were is the hot water cylinder, were is the cold water storage cistern.

i thought you are not allowed to pumop direct mains water? or do i read the question wrong?

Two storey property, cylinder on first floor, CWST in loft about 2m above top of cylinder.

It's not mains :)

Sponsored Links
That's expensive. If you used a twin impellar you wouldn't need anywhere near that head.

Why not just spend a bit more money and go unvented hot water (hot water at mains pressure) and mains cold water ?

benefits are no pumps clicking on and off every time you open the taps with all the noise, vibration and costs of running. Plus you could position the unvented cylinder anywhere in the house; loft, basement etc. leaving you with extra room were the old hot water cylinder used to be.

Just a thought Brummie, but how and where would you run the safety pipe in a basement? Not taking the pee, just never thought about it.

by no means a plumber, but why do you need to pump mains fed water :?: the pressure will be high enough wont it :?: all the cold taps in our house are mains fed and the pressure is ample or have i misread?is there a cistern in loft supplying the cold taps? :confused: SORRY ignore this post :oops:

The performance of that Grundfos is not very good anyway; less than 1bar. If you go into any plumbers merchant you can get a twin impeller pump at least 1.5 bar for almost half the price of 2 Grundfos ones. Most of them are pretty much the same and are based on a decent Crompton motor with a plastic moulded pump housing each end. The one I've got now has worked for about 8 years although I had to replace the seals once. You can get 3 bar pumps but you pay a lot more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back