possible fan problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
glow-worm micron. haven`t seen boiler yet, but owner has mentioned, "cracking noises". boiler is working apparently.i`ve come across similar situations with a few other types of boiler in the past and the owners have had their fans replaced by other operatives.apart from ignition spark shorting out, would it be a safe bet to assume that fan is the source of noise?

Sponsored Links
Quote:-would it be a safe bet to assume that fan is the source of noise?
The art of good diagnosis usually does not include guesswork.Fan failure is not usually associated with a cracking noise.Get yourself in front of the boiler and diagnose properly,it will save you and the client a lot of heartache.

I would say that boiler diagnostics NEVER involve guesswork!

If everyone described noises in exactly the same way then descriptions of a noise could be helpful but thats not the case.

Its even worse how people dont have good spacial awareness. My colleagues doing the same job used to be very good but then we did work which involved measurements.

Tony

Sponsored Links
It is a BIG mistake to start Diagnosing a fault BEFORE you arrive on site!
you NEVER know what you will find when you get there! most customers are incapable of describing a fault with any accuracy! so stop thinking about it you will achieve nothing when you get to site start at the beginning and come to your own conclusion! there are lots of things that would cause a WH boiler to make a noise ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back